August 5, 2019
Please note that as of July 22, 2019, our Learn, Share, Grow series will continue as a bi-weekly posting until further notice, in order to provide the best quality learning you deserve.
Below is a lesson from Brian Johnson’s Optimize +1 on how to avoid burnout, as well as our key learning.
The Blue Courage team is dedicated to continual learning and growth. We have adopted a concept from Simon Sinek’s Start With Why team called “Learn, Share, Grow”. We are constantly finding great articles, videos, and readings that have so much learning. As we learn new and great things, this new knowledge should be shared for everyone to then grow from.
How to Avoid Burnout
By Brian Johnson
Access Optimize +1 with Brian Johnson here.
- The root cause of fatigue, anxiety, depression and burnout in the corporate world “is not hard work; the problem is insufficient recovery.”
- 3 levels of recovery:
- Micro-level recoveries include things like taking a 15-minute break every 60 to 90 minutes.
- Mid-level recoveries include things like making sure you have a shut-down complete that helps you get 7-9 hours of sleep every night and that you take at least a day off every week.
- Macro-level breaks include taking 2-4 weeks off every year.
- Do a quick inventory. How are you doing?