September 21, 2019
The Heart ANAHATA
Colour Green, 12 Lotus Petals, Element Air, Sense of Touch
Love: kindness, compassion, forgiveness, generosity, harmony, self-care, peace
Affirmation I LOVE
Day 6 theme: Harmony and Vulnerability
- With myself, with those around me, with my environment
- In my vulnerability rests my strength
- The 4 A’s: attention, affection, appreciation, acceptance
- Meta – unconditional loving kindness
Today after morning meditation and yoga, the Dhri Crusade went to visit the grounds where Buddha gave his first sermon in Sarnath, as well as the bridge over the Ganges river. The lesson taught below is one of life and easing suffering. The river is at a very high level currently, flooding part of Varanasi.
The First Sermon of Buddha (2600 years ago)
4 Noble Truths
- Life contains suffering
- The cause of suffering is grasping/clinging
- There’s a way to create a cessation of dukkah (suffering)
- How to stop suffering: The 8 fold noble path.
The 8-fold Noble Path
- Right view – the lens, perspective, trajectory. Understanding the world around you, you are not above or below anyone. Suffering starts with you.
- Right intention – Are you living the right intention in life. Live life with observations not interpretations.
- Right speech – can I pass my words through the 3 gates (see previous post). Does it improve upon the silence? Does it add value to this moment? Is my word a promise.
- Right action – you are the inheritance of your actions.
- Right livelihood. Doing good work. Are you in service? Is it adding value to this moment in time?
- Right effort – we must bring it on. Wake up every day focused and bring it on. Don’t blame anyone else. Nourish your body and mind.
- Right mindfulness (meditation) – make it a cornerstone of the day. Don’t squeeze meditation in. Dedicate ourselves for it.
- Right concentration (awareness) – being fully present in all moments. Samati.