May 20, 2019
Below is a lesson from Seth Godin’s blog on life-long learning and connection, as well as our key learning.
The Blue Courage team is dedicated to continual learning and growth. We have adopted a concept from Simon Sinek’s Start With Why team called “Learn, Share, Grow”. We are constantly finding great articles, videos, and readings that have so much learning. As we learn new and great things, this new knowledge should be shared for everyone to then grow from.
By Seth Godin
It lives right next to lifelong learning.
Lifelong learning is the mindset of possibility. It is built on the idea that we can grow if we simply show up, ready to learn.
Lifelong learning is never finished, and achieving the mindset isn’t easy, because the existing bias toward competence makes it socially unattractive. It requires us to acknowledge that we don’t know enough on our way to learning more.
And lifelong connection? That’s our commitment to engaging with people who will help us see what’s possible–and that in return, we’ll support them on their journey.
This is not the easily monetized connection of digital social networks. Those networks seek to maximize a simple metric (likes, friends and followers, all three of which should be in air quotes because the words don’t mean what they appear to mean). It’s more difficult than that.
Continue reading here.
- Lifelong connection lives right next to lifelong learning.
- Lifelong learning is the mindset of possibility. It requires us to acknowledge that we don’t know enough on our way to learning more.
- Lifelong connection is our commitment to engaging with people who will help us see what’s possible — and that in return, we’ll support them on their journey.
- It’s our urgent obligation (and precious opportunity) to learn more and make things better for those around us.
- It’s the lifelong journey of connection that powers the learning.