December 21, 2020
Below is a lesson from Brian Johnson’s Optimize +1 on showing up as warriors on the battle field of life with your secret weapon, as well as our key learnings.
The Blue Courage team is dedicated to continual learning and growth. We have adopted a concept from Simon Sinek’s Start With Why team called “Learn, Share, Grow”. We are constantly finding great articles, videos, and readings that have so much learning. As we learn new and great things, this new knowledge should be shared for everyone to then grow from.
For more on Optimize +1, click here.
- “…the individual human heart, where the forces of light and darkness, love and separateness, war incessantly for mastery over our thought and actions.” (Eknath Easwaran’s biography Gandhi the Man)
- “We are born to fight…there is no choice in the matter. Our every desire must bring us into conflict. But we can choose how and whom we will fight. We can turn our anger against others, or we can turn it against what is selfish and angry in ourselves. We can use our hands to strike at others or to wipe tears away.” (Eknath Easwaran’s biography Gandhi the Man)
- LOVE is the hero’s secret weapon.
- Show up as warriors on the battlefield of life and listen to our inner daimons as we face the forces of light and dark within our own hearts.
- And use LOVE as our ultimate weapon.
- “I desire only to know the truth, and to live as well as I can… And, to the utmost of my power, I exhort all other men to do the same… I exhort you also to take part in the great combat, which is the combat of life, and greater than every other earthly conflict.” (Socrates)